- Region Australia
- Wine Style Powerful Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Cabernet Sauvignon
- Body Full
The Thorn-Clarke William Randell Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 is a tribute to the adventurous spirit of Captain William Richard Randell, a family ancestor who designed the first paddle steamer on the Murray River. This bold and pioneering spirit is reflected in the wine's rich and complex flavor profile, which is sourced solely from grapes grown on the Thorn-Clarke estate vineyards.
Thorn-Clarke is a family-owned winery with a rich heritage that dates back to the 1850s. The winery is located in the Barossa Valley, one of Australia's premier wine regions, and is committed to sustainable winemaking practices that preserve the land for future generations.
The William Randell Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 is a testament to the traditional winemaking process that has been passed down through generations of winemakers. The grapes are handpicked and carefully selected to ensure only the highest quality fruit is used. The wine is then aged in French oak barrels for 18 months, which imparts a subtle vanilla and spice flavor to the wine.
On the palate, the William Randell Cabernet Sauvignon 2018 is full-bodied and rich, with flavors of blackcurrant, dark chocolate, and tobacco. The tannins are firm and well-structured, providing a long and satisfying finish. This wine pairs perfectly with hearty meat dishes, such as grilled steak or slow-cooked lamb.
- A tribute to family ancestor Captain William Richard Randell
- Sourced solely from estate vineyards
- Traditional winemaking process
- Aged in French oak barrels for 18 months
- Full-bodied with flavors of blackcurrant, dark chocolate, and tobacco
- Firm and well-structured tannins
- Perfectly paired with hearty meat dishes
Like That Product? We Think You'll Also Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $6.99 for Auckland, $8.99 for the North Island and $11.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $11.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.