- Region Australia
- Wine Style Soft Fruity Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Syrah
- Body Light medium
Clare Valley Shiraz may not be as well-known as its southern counterparts, but Pikes Eastside Shiraz 2021 is a wine that deserves your attention. Produced by the family-owned Pikes winery, this medium-bodied wine is a testament to the traditional winemaking process that has been passed down through generations.
Pikes winery has a rich heritage that dates back to 1878 when Henry Pike emigrated from Dorset, England, to South Australia. Today, the winery is run by the fifth generation of the Pike family, and they continue to produce wines that reflect their passion for the craft.
The Eastside Shiraz 2021 is a prime example of their commitment to quality. The grapes are handpicked and fermented in small batches before being aged in French oak barrels for 18 months. This slow and deliberate process results in a wine that is complex and nuanced, with notes of blackberry, plum, and spice.
But what really sets this wine apart is its sustainability. Pikes winery is committed to reducing their environmental impact, and they use a range of sustainable practices in their vineyards. This includes using natural pest control methods, reducing water usage, and recycling waste.
When it comes to food pairings, the Eastside Shiraz 2021 is a versatile wine that pairs well with a range of dishes. Its medium body and smooth tannins make it a great match for slow-cooked lamb shoulder, as well as hearty stews and roasted meats.
- Produced by a family-owned winery with a rich heritage
- Traditional winemaking process that results in a complex and nuanced wine
- Sustainable practices used in the vineyards
- Versatile wine that pairs well with a range of dishes
Like That Product? We Think You'll Also Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $6.99 for Auckland, $8.99 for the North Island and $11.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $11.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.