- Region New Zealand
- Wine Style Powerful Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Cabernet Sauvignon
- Body Full
- Closure Cork
Church Road One is a range of single vineyard wines that typify the character and personality of their best winegrowing sites.
With stony, alluvial soils and a mild, maritime climate similar to that of Bordeaux, Hawke’s Bay has the ability to produce some outstanding examples Cabernet Sauvignon. The best of these show great power and density with lashings of dark fruit, but still retain beautiful balance and wonderful aromatic fragrance. Incredibly age-worthy, they change perhaps more profoundly and positively with time in bottle than any other variety they grow.
Rich, dark berry fruit and earthy complexity with lifted notes of sandalwood, cedar, violets, florals thyme and a hint of vanilla. A dense, weighty wine kept in check by firm tannin and gentle acidity with dives exceptional length across the palate.
While approachable now, this wine will age positively for 15 plus years if cellared well.
Well matched to game and red meats, cured meats and other savoury dishes with robust flavours. Particularly well suited to meats or robust vegetables that have been grilled.
13% abv. Hawke's Bay, New Zealand.
Like That Product? We Think You'll Also Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $6.99 for Auckland, $8.99 for the North Island and $11.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $11.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.