- Region New Zealand
- Wine Style Powerful Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Cabernetmerlot, Cabernet Sauvignon
- Body Full
The Patriarch Cabernet Sauvignon Malbec Cabernet Franc 2016 is a true masterpiece from Babich, a family-owned winery with a rich heritage in the New Zealand wine industry. This flagship red wine is a tribute to the founder, Josip Babich, and is made with complete flexibility to ensure the best possible quality.
Babich's Gimblett Gravels 'Irongate' vineyard in Hawke's Bay provides the perfect terroir for this exceptional wine. The traditional winemaking process is followed with great care, and sustainability is at the forefront of everything they do. The result is a wine that is not only delicious but also environmentally responsible.
The Patriarch is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, and Cabernet Franc, each variety contributing its unique character to the final product. The wine is aged in French oak barrels for 18 months, adding complexity and depth to the already rich flavors.
Tasting notes reveal a deep ruby color with aromas of blackcurrant, blackberry, and vanilla. On the palate, the wine is full-bodied with firm tannins and a long finish. The flavors of dark fruit, chocolate, and spice are perfectly balanced, making this wine a true delight for the senses.
When it comes to food pairings, The Patriarch is a versatile wine that can be enjoyed with a variety of dishes. It pairs well with red meat, game, and strong cheeses, but can also be enjoyed on its own as a special treat.
- Made by a family-owned winery with a rich heritage in the New Zealand wine industry
- Grown on a vineyard with perfect terroir for this exceptional wine
- Traditional winemaking process with a focus on sustainability and quality
- A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, and Cabernet Franc, each contributing its unique character
- Aged in French oak barrels for 18 months, adding complexity and depth
- Tasting notes reveal a deep ruby color with aromas of blackcurrant, blackberry, and vanilla
- Pairs well with red meat, game, and strong cheeses
Like That Product? We Think You'll Also Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $6.99 for Auckland, $8.99 for the North Island and $11.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $11.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.