- Region England, United Kingdom, Unitedkingdom
- Spirit Type Gin
Made with eleven botanicals including juniper, orange peel, English coriander, angelica, cubeb pepper and liquorice as well as "a hint of red cole" aka horseradish! It's named after Thomas Dakin, who began producing gin in Warrington in the second half of the 18th century, founding what would later become Greenall's. He was a pioneer who made gin of a surprising quality for the day, and who is rightly celebrated.
In 1761, at the outset of the industrial revolution, Thomas Dakin began distilling gin in Warrington in the north of England, at the age of 25. He pioneered the development and refinement of high quality English gin and his inventive and enlightened outlook created a superior quality, unrivalled gin distilling heritage and legacy. Given gin’s sordid reputation at the time, this was a highly ambitious move but Dakin had the courage of his convictions to succeed and transform the fortunes of gin from its dark past into a glorious future. Many gin makers followed Thomas Dakin but he was the man that started it all and is widely regarded as the forefather of quality English gin.
Like That Product? We Think You'll Also Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $6.99 for Auckland, $8.99 for the North Island and $11.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $11.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.