- Region Australia
- Wine Style Other
- Wine Type Other
For over 40 years, Angove Family Winemakers have been producing Stone's Green Ginger Wine under license in Australia. But did you know that the recipe for this iconic beverage dates back to 1740? Stone's is one of the oldest surviving alcoholic beverage brands in the world, and it's easy to see why it has stood the test of time.
The time-honored recipe remains largely unchanged, and the result is a rich golden brown wine with a powerful pungent ginger aroma. On the palate, the spicy character is quite noticeable, but it's moderated by a softening sweetness. The aftertaste is warming and contributes a certain glow to the palate.
Stone's Green Ginger Wine is perfect for wine enthusiasts who appreciate the heritage and tradition of family-owned wineries. The Angove family has been producing wine for five generations, and their commitment to sustainability and quality is evident in every bottle.
The Story Behind Stone's Green Ginger Wine
The Stone's brand was established in London in 1740 by a man named Joseph Stone. He created a recipe for a ginger wine that quickly became popular among the city's elite. The recipe was passed down through generations of the Stone family, and in the 1800s, it was acquired by the Finsbury Distillery Company.
Fast forward to the 1960s, and the recipe was acquired by Angove Family Winemakers. They have been producing Stone's Green Ginger Wine under license in Australia ever since.
Tasting Notes and Food Pairings
Stone's Green Ginger Wine is a versatile beverage that can be enjoyed on its own or as a mixer in cocktails. Its spicy character makes it a great pairing for Asian cuisine, particularly dishes with ginger or chili. It also pairs well with cheese and desserts.
- Produced under license in Australia by Angove Family Winemakers for over 40 years
- Recipe dates back to 1740
- One of the world's oldest surviving alcoholic beverage brands
- Rich golden brown color with a powerful pungent ginger aroma
- Spicy character on the palate, moderated by a softening sweetness
- Warming aftertaste that contributes a certain glow to the
Like That Product? We Think You'll Also Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $6.99 for Auckland, $8.99 for the North Island and $11.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $11.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.