- Region France
- Wine Style Powerful Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Pinot Noir
- Body Full
Dedication to the diversity of Burgundy has always been the sole focus and vocation of Maison Joseph Drouhin, as vineyards - mostly premier and grand crus - were acquired in all major areas. From its very beginning, Maison Joseph Drouhin has aimed for an ideal of perfection and elegance. The style of Joseph Drouhin combines balance, harmony and character, providing infinite pleasure.
Introducing the Joseph Drouhin Gevrey-Chambertin Rouge 2017, a wine that embodies the essence of Burgundy. This family-owned winery has been producing exceptional wines for over a century, and their commitment to quality and sustainability is evident in every bottle.
The Gevrey-Chambertin Rouge 2017 is a beautiful, bright ruby color that immediately catches the eye. On the nose, the wine is intensely fruity, with aromas of black cherry, wild blackberry, and liquorice. The woody character is subtle and marries delicately with the other aromas. As the wine evolves, there are more complex notes, such as mild spice, nutmeg, and leather. Later still, mushroom and damp earth nuances make their appearance.
On the palate, the wine is velvety and fresh, with tannins that blend harmoniously with the natural freshness of the wine. The same aromas encountered earlier on the nose are found again in the aftertaste, providing a long and satisfying finish.
This wine pairs perfectly with a variety of dishes, including roasted meats, game, and strong cheeses. It is a versatile wine that can be enjoyed on its own or as part of a meal.
- Family-owned winery with a century of winemaking experience
- Commitment to quality and sustainability
- Intensely fruity on the nose, with aromas of black cherry, wild blackberry, and liquorice
- Velvety and fresh on the palate, with harmonious tannins
- Versatile wine that pairs well with a variety of dishes
Like That Product? We Think You'll Also Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $6.99 for Auckland, $8.99 for the North Island and $11.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $11.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.