- Region Australia
- Wine Style Powerful Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Cabernet Sauvignon
- Body Full
The Elderton Ashmead Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 is a true gem in the world of wine. This family-owned winery has a rich history, with the Ashmead block being planted in 1944 and almost destroyed in 1997. However, the family made the decision to promote the vineyard to a higher destiny, resulting in this superior example of Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon.
The traditional winemaking process is evident in every sip of this wine. Aged in a mix of new French Oak Hogsheads from about 8 different coopers, the Elderton Ashmead Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 is a testament to the family's commitment to sustainability and quality. The result is a wine that is both complex and balanced, with a long finish that leaves a lasting impression.
Tasting notes for this wine include blackcurrant, dark chocolate, and a hint of tobacco. The tannins are firm yet silky, providing a structure that will allow this wine to age gracefully for years to come. Food pairings for the Elderton Ashmead Cabernet Sauvignon 2017 include grilled steak, roasted lamb, and hearty stews.
As a wine enthusiast with a preference for family-owned wineries, you'll appreciate the story and heritage behind Elderton. This winery has been in the family for generations, and their commitment to quality is evident in every bottle they produce. By choosing the Elderton Ashmead Cabernet Sauvignon 2017, you're not just supporting a small winery – you're becoming part of a community of wine lovers who appreciate the craft and care that goes into every bottle.
- Produced from the Ashmead block, which has consistently produced small parcels of excellent quality fruit
- Aged in a mix of new French Oak Hogsheads from about 8 different coopers
- Tasting notes include blackcurrant, dark chocolate, and a hint of tobacco
- Firm yet silky tannins provide a structure that will allow this wine to age gracefully
- Food pairings include grilled steak, roasted lamb, and hearty stews
Like That Product? We Think You'll Also Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $6.99 for Auckland, $8.99 for the North Island and $11.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $11.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.