- Region South Africa
- Extras Organic, Vegan
- Wine Style Soft Fruity Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Other Red, Pinotage
- Closure Cork
Pinotage is a uniquely South African varietal, first produced from a crossing of Pinot Noir and Cinsault in the early 1900’s. It comes in a range of styles from thin, insipid wines to big bold fruit bombs, all dependant on the skill of the winemaker. Lucky for us the people at Rhino Run know what they’re doing, and their 2020 is no different. A full palate of ripe strawberry, vanilla and clove is backed up with good acidity and medium tannins from the use of 100% new oak staves. Drink this one now and into 2023.
It has a complex nose of banana, cassis and strawberry followed by layers of fruit, vanilla and spice on the palate. Enjoy with red meat, rich stews, curries and smoked foods.
17/20, Wine Central Tasting Panel
The Rhino Run range is inspired by Dr Ian Player, founder of the Player Ntombela Foundation and the conservationist who dedicated his life and career since the 1960’s to lead the efforts to save the Rhino. For every bottle sold, a donation is made to The Player Ntombela Foundation and other foundations that have all lost rhinos through poaching.
Like That Product? We Think You'll Also Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.