- Region New Zealand
- Wine Style Aromatic Whites
- Grapes Pinot Gris
- Body Medium
- Sweet Medium, Offdry
- Acidity Balanced
- Alcohol Medium
Looking for a weighty Pinot Gris with a bit of age?
A limited production Pinot Gris of just 2667 bottles, 'The Hawk' is not to be missed. Hand harvesting of the grapes, small, considered production and the use of wild yeasts have seen this mid-range Pinot Gris really come into its own with age.
Balanced alcohol and acidity provide freshness with weighty texture from natural residual sugars. Think notes of honeyed fruit, ripe peach and lemon, its drinking perfectly now so grab a big, wide bowled glass, some hard cheese, sit back and enjoy!
Served cold as an aperitif or gently chilled a fine pairing for a very wide range of foods.
Hand harvested and whole bunch pressed 28 March 2014. Clean settled juice was racked and allowed to undergo wild fermentation in stainless steel. At the end April 2014 fermentation was halted through cooling of the wine to capture an ideal sugar-acid balance that was apparent. The Hawk Pinot Gris was then bottled after very light isinglass fining.
17/20, Wine Central Tasting Panel
Like That Wine, We Think You Will Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.