- Region New Zealand
- Extras Sustainably Focussed
- Wine Type White
- Grapes Albarino
- Closure Screw Top
A fresh-faced, aromatic Albarino from the first Marlborough winery to plant this Spanish grape!
Albarino (or Alvarinho as it is also called) has its roots in Europe and is found in both the south of Spain (in an area called Rias Baixas) and in the north west of Portugal. Cuttings made their way over to NZ and have been planted all over the country for many years. The Stanrock Stanley Estates grapes are grown in Marlborough where the diurnal variation between day and night help them to ripen beautifully. The 2016 has notes of limestone and pear and has also begun to take on some tertiary characteristics like flinty smoke and ripe stone fruit. It's an interesting drop and at this price it won't be around long. Drink now.
Awatere Valley, Marlborough
Stanley Estates is SWNZ Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand) certified.
18/20, Wine Central Tasting Panel
Like That Wine, We Think You Will Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.