- Region France
- Wine Style Powerful Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Grenache,Other Red,Syrah
- Closure Cork
A deep, dark, introduction to the Rhone, one not to be missed! Famed winemaker Romain Duvernay worked around France before finding a home in the Rhone Valley and we’re glad he did! This is a typical Cotes du Rhone Villages blend of hand harvested Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre which is full bodied and bursting with flavour. Notes of blackcurrant, forest fruits and pepper are most obvious and the intensity on the palate leaves it lingering long after that first sip. At this price grab a case, its going to be your best friend this winter!
Very intense, deep purple colour. The nose is also complex, with notes of ripe red fruits (cherry, Morello cherry, blackcurrant, plum). The palate is concentrated and silky, with a very nice sweetness and fruit. Long, round and fine tannins.
Romain Duvenay is a talented oenologist who has worked in Bordeaux, Languedoc and Burgundy, but ended up in the Rhône Valley after having fallen in love with the terroir and iconic grape varieties (Grenache , Syrah and Mourvèdre).
18/20, Wine Central Tasting Panel
Côtes du Rhône, France
Like That Wine, We Think You Will Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.