- Region Chile
- Wine Style Powerful Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Carmenere
- Body Full
- Closure Cork
Chile has a long history of winemaking, and the Maipo Valley is one of its most storied regions. With hot sunny days and cool nights, the region is perfectly suited to red grape varieties. Carménère is originally from Bordeaux, France and ended up in Chile by a bit of luck. It looks very similar to Merlot and was unknowingly brought over to Chile when someone mixed it up with its more famous brother. It wasn’t until grapes were genetically tested in the mid-1990s that the truth was revealed.
Carménère produces deeply coloured, rich wines with bold flavours. This wine is packed full of cherry, strawberry, and plum with a bit of spice and mocha. The tannins are soft and mild leaving the palate smooth and plush.
Maipo Valley, Chile
Like That Product? We Think You'll Also Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $6.99 for Auckland, $8.99 for the North Island and $11.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $11.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.