- Region New Zealand
- Extras Support Small Business, Sustainably Focussed, Vegan
- Wine Style Powerful Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Other Red
- Closure Cork
On opening, there is instantly a lot of spice on the nose, dark fruits, plums, and cherries but also leathery and leafy tones give the Montepulciano a lot of complexity. Rich on the palate, the flavour of “Zwertschge”, a European plum, baked fruit, fruit tart. Very intriguing and becoming richer again as the wine opens up but also very taut.
The typical Montepulciano tannins are beautifully bound into the taste giving this wine a lot of complexity. As interesting as it is at present, the 2016 will improve with another three years of cellaring.
One of three classic Italian varieties that Poderi Crisci produces, alongside our Arneis and Nebbiolo. A great addition to our portfolio and we love it. The wine is especially well received in the restaurant being a food wine par excellence with its very rich flavour and powerful yet velvety tannins.
Poderi Crisci is fully certified under Sustainable Winegrowing New Zealand (SWNZ).
Like That Wine, We Think You Will Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.