- Region New Zealand
- Wine Style Rich Oaky Whites
- Wine Type White
- Grapes Chardonnay
- Closure Screw Top
A rich and complex Chardonnay showing depth, structure and elegance. Typical characters, complex yeast autolysis notes and French oak. Beautiful Chardonnay with excellent ageing ability.
Golden straw colour. Ripe nectarine and butterscotch aromas. On the palete there is a lovely balance of grapefruit, yeast autolysis and toasty oak flavors. A beautiful Chardonnay with excellent aging ability.
11 months in new French oak. 13% abv. Gimblett Gravels.
Gold NZ International Wine Show - 2019
18.5/20 Drinksbiz, Chardonnay Rules by Joelle Thomson - June/July 2020
4.5 Stars Michael Cooper’s Wine Buyer’s Guide - 2020
94 Points Cameron Douglas “The Shout” - 2019
Silver Decanter World Wine Awards - 2019
Silver International Wine & Spirits Competition - 2019
Silver / 92 Points International Wine Challenge - 2019
The 2016 growing season saw a number of frost events, all well mitigated. Early shoot thinning resulted in balanced canopies and crop levels. The season had a slow start, followed by a particularly warm summer and autumn period. Humidity needed to be monitored closely. A vintage which required good management, was well rewarded.
Like That Product? We Think You'll Also Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.