- Region Italy
- Wine Style Powerful Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Barbera,Nebbiolo,Other Red
"A classic wine from the Old World in that this wine is more savoury, meaty and complex than the Madam Sass. The structure of the Marette is very different to the Madam Sass, compare and see the difference. This wine shows the classic high tannin and acid levels which speaks of Italian red wines." - Lynnette Hudson, Experienced Winemaker & Advisor
Surrounded by the Alps on three sides in the country's mountainous North West, Piedmont creates Italy's finest red wines. The 2015 Maretti Langhe Rosso weaves rich and opulent Barbera with the haunting aromas and structure of Nebbiolo before maturation in small and large format oak. This powerful and savoury wine will continue to gain complexity and character for many years.
91 Points/ Sam Kim, Wine Orbit "Deeply savoury and engaging, the bouquet shows dark fruit, smoked game, leather, dried herb and toasted almond characters. The palate is classically structured by chalky tannins, wonderfully complemented by succulent fruit flavours and spicy undertones. A sturdy, brooding red designed to partner rich meat dishes. At its best: now to 2021."
Like That Wine, We Think You Will Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.