- Region New Zealand
- Spirit Type Rum
A Kiwi made, handcrafted rum that's true to its 'botanical' name with over 10 meddling around in there; roasted dandelion and burdock root, horopito, mairehau, orange peel, nutmeg, pimento, bay leaf, orris root, cacao nib, coffee bean and green cardamom.
No sugar or flavourings have been added, and its clean, sophisticated flavours will entice the fussiest of spirit sipper. It's a rum to be enjoy neat or with premium citrus-based mixers while you admire the beautiful packaging and attention to detail.
Based in Auckland, Lunatic and Lover make rum from scratch on a copper pot still and craft by hand into small batches. The base rum is distilled from Molasses sourced from the historical Chelsea Sugar Works on Auckland’s North Shore.
"A creation of crazed-passion, Lunatic & Lover is in our opinion the world’s finest botanical rum. Through imagination, mania, and a dash of madness, we have managed to invent a distillate which instils the very spirit of adventure."
Like That Wine, We Think You Will Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.