- Region New Zealand
- Wine Style Rich Oaky Whites
- Wine Type White
- Grapes Chardonnay
- Body Medium
- Sweet Dry
- Acidity Crisp
- Alcohol Medium
The perfect aperitif Chardonnay, it's a wine that pairs very well with all types of seafood. Fermented 40% in old French oak barriques, and 60% in stainless steel tanks there is very little oak influence on either nose or palate. This has allowed the vibrant fruit to show through beautifully with lively lime and lemon aromas and a flinty, mineral edginess with hints of fig and white peach.
Bob Campbell, MW "The first vintage of Village Chardonnay I tasted was from the 2002 vintage and it has been my “house Chardonnay” ever since."
"The weighty mid-palate also shows peachy ripeness along with crisp acid minerality that gives the wine a refreshing cleansing quality. This wine is delightful as an aperitif, and even better to drink with fish and shellfish." - Winemaker's notes
Made by Master of Wine Michael Brajkovich from sustainably grown Chardonnay grapes selected from Hawke's Bay and Kumeu.
Indigenous yeast fermentation 100% malo-lactic fermentation 60% Tank Fermentation 40% Barrel Fermentation (5 year old + French oak barriques) 58% Hawkes Bay 42% Kumeu
Like That Product? We Think You'll Also Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $6.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $10.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.