- Region New Zealand
- Extras Support Small Business
- Wine Style Soft Fruity Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Merlotblend
- Body Medium
- Sweet Dry
- Tannin Medium
- Acidity Balanced
- Alcohol Medium
- Closure Screw Top
Looking for a great value NZ blend, with a bit of age? Well, you’ve come to the right place! We managed to get our hands on this 2012 Syrah/Merlot blend out of Omaha Beach, just north of Auckland and we think it’s a winner. Plums and black cherries explode on the palate, and the ageing process has given it an interesting smoky, leathery backbone that lasts for ages. Keeping this any longer would be too long, so if you need a wine for right now this is the one for you.
Joelle Thomson, Wine Writer "Omaha Beach is home to a lot of impressive things, including some of this country’s swishest seaside homes away from home and wines like this one, which is a blend of Syrah and Merlot. The Syrah provides the notes of black pepper and spice while Merlot contributes softness and this wine’s plush mouthfeel. The aging has been done for you with this wine, so drink this wine now or soon."
13.5% abv. Syrah and Merlot grapes.
Like That Wine, We Think You Will Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.