- Region New Zealand
- Extras Support Small Business
- Wine Style Soft Fruity Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Merlotblend
- Body Medium
- Sweet Dry
- Tannin Medium
- Acidity Balanced
- Alcohol Medium
- Closure Screw Top
Just 40 minutes north of Auckland, Matakana is home to a small number of wineries producing, for the most part, deliciously elegant red wines. This blend of two classic French varieties is great example of this. Filled to the brim with ripe plums, strawberries and a savoury spice, it’s soft and well structured – we think drinking perfectly well now. Hinemoa Estate is well known for producing wines that go great with food and this is no exception. Try it with a fillet steak or a sharp, hard cheese for a perfect pairing.
3.5/5, Joelle Thomson, Wine Writer "Here’s a juicy little number from Omaha Beach north of Auckland. Malbec’s dry, dark and fruity flavours put forward big spicy flavours while Merlot’s softness rounds out the palate, adding flesh and a smooth finish. Drinks well now and in the near future.
13% abv. Malbec and Merlot Grapes.
Like That Wine, We Think You Will Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.