Unfined, unfiltered, uncompromising and unquestionably the brand ‘hero’, this wine delivers the goods year in, year out. Uncut refers to the uncut gem in its raw form, nothing added from vineyard to bottle. It’s a true expression of McLaren Vale Shiraz from Gemtree's quality vineyards grown bio-dynamically. Beautifully balanced, integrated and seductive. This wine will give you drinking pleasure over the next decade.
Inky red with purple hues. On the nose its ripe cherry, tar, liquorice, black plums, hints of pepper, red spices and cinnamon all enhanced by light creamy oak.
The rich and full palate shows all of the hallmark characters that epitomise McLaren Vale shiraz. The plushness and brightness of fruit demonstrates Gemtree's desire to make wines that show typicality of what they grow in the vineyard. Restrained and tightly bound together with elegant tannin and balanced acidity the 2013 Uncut will be the stand out vintage of this wine.
Gemtree is a certified organic wine producer
That means they don’t use herbicides and pesticides. To control weeds they let sheep graze between the vines and use an under vine mechanical weeder and slashers. Gemtree achieved organic certification in November 2011 and they are currently certified by Australian Certified Organics.
- 2013. Gold, New Zealand International Wine Show 2013
- 2013. 94 Points, James Halliday Australian Wine Companion 2016
- 2013. Gold, Tastings.com - World Wine Championships Award 2015
- 2013. 4.5 Stars, Winestate Magazine - McLaren Vale Tasting 2015
- 2013. Gold, Mundus Vini International Wine Award 2015
- 2012. 95 Points, Langtons Review 2015
- 2012. 95 points, James Halliday Australian Wine Companion 2015
- 2012. 90 points, Gourmet Traveller - Top 100 Releases 2014
- 2012. Gold, Tastings.com - World Wine Championships Award 2014
- 2012. Gold, Mundus Vini International Wine Award 2014
- 2012. Gold, Wine Showcase Magazine - New Release Tasting 2014
- 2012. 5 Stars, Top 10 (No.7), Best Buy, Cuisine Magazine - Australian Shiraz Tasting 2014
- 2011. Gold, New Zealand International Wine Show 2015
- 2010. 95 points, James Halliday Australian Wine Companion 2013
- 2010. Gold, New Zealand International Wine Show 2012
- 2010. Gold, China Wine & Spirits Awards 2012
- 2010. Gold, International Wine & Spirits Competition 2012
- 2010. Gold, Australian Small Winemakers Show 2011
The 3 Wines Men - October 2015
The 2013 Uncut Shiraz is for the true McLaren Vale lovers. Big and bold with dark plum and liquorice and pepper notes this is a perfect match for the biggest steak you can find.
James Halliday Australian Wine Companion - July 2015
Attacks with flavour and doesn't let up. Inky, blackberried, clovey characters power throughout, tempered only by fruit-drenched tannin, saltbush complexity and meaty/smoky oak. It's almost exactly the wine you'd hope it to be. Rating: 94
The Wine Front Campbell Mattinson - July 2015
We've reviewed the 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012 and now 2013. Destroyed the pattern. This is joyous McLaren Vale shiraz. Great value, great for winter. A powerhouse of blackberried flavour, slipped thoroughly with smoky oak, with spice, with coffee-cream. Tannin rakes back through the wine, and gorgeously so. Bravo. Rated:94/100
The Key Report Tony Keys
It stood out in the tasting, was enjoyable as a glass and went very well with the pea and ham soup for dinner, need more be said? Rating 94
100 Best Australian Wines Report 2015-2016 Matthew Jukes - May 2015
Another exceptional wine in the Gemtree firmament is 2013 Gemtree, Uncut Shiraz. With cherry, tar and liquorice in abundance, this is a glorious McLaren Vale Shiraz with every element of its soul on display. Rich, full, succulent and vampiric, this is a hedonistic wine with a very fair price tag considering the grandiose fruit involved and also the degree of French oak employed. On of each and you have your dinner party sorted.
International Wine Challenge - May 2015
Fresh red cherry and dark plum fruit with dark chocolate and salty notes. Fresh finish.
The 3 Wines Men - May 2015
Another Gem from the good folks. Decanted for 45 mins. A dark yet vibrant colour, enticing vanilla nose courtesy of the 18mths in French oak as well as hints of fresh eucalypt. The palate has a multitude of fruits with blackcurrant standing out. There¡¯s coco powder & perhaps a slight anise finish. A full bodied Shiraz with great legs, a velvety smoothness as the tannins are all in balance. I think it will be even better in 12mths! 93/100
- Shipping is $7.99 NI and $9.99 SI up to 12 bottles.
- For 13 or more bottles shipping is $14.99 NI and $17.99 SI.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Offshore islands can take longer still. We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.