- Region New Zealand
- Wine Style Rich Oaky Whites
- Grapes Chardonnay
- Closure Cork
A limited stock allocation of an exceptional wine dedicated to Tom McDonald; a pioneering figure who's commonly referred to as the father of red wine in New Zealand.
And this is Hawke's Bay at its finest. Beautifully textured, with full-bodied character and plenty of complex aromas and flavours.
A core of fruit suggestive of citrus, citrus blossom, white peach, and fresh fig provides the base that carries layers of savoury complexity including toasted hazelnut or cashew, brioche and driftwood smoke.
On the palate, notes of roasted hazelnut, nougat and toasted brioche, along with a wisp of woodsmoke and struck flint, combine to bring a serious savoury element to the wine.
"Tom is our tribute to the late Tom McDonald (1907-1987). A passionate and visionary winemaker who devoted his life to producing outstanding New Zealand wines at the site of the current Church Road Winery. Tom McDonald is widely regarded as the father of red wine in New Zealand." - Church Road
[info Alcohol_Level="13.5%" Grapes="Chardonnay" Seal="Cork"]
Like That Wine, We Think You Will Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.