- Region France
- Wine Style Mild Reds
- Grapes Bordeauxblend, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Merlotblend
- Closure Cork
A crowd favourite! The grapes for this wine come from Bordeaux’s largest appellation, known as the AOP (Appelation d'Origine Protégée) Bordeaux. Grapes are grown on a large variety of soils and in different little pockets of microclimates dotted around the region, allowing the winemakers to really shine when bringing the wine together. 2016 was an interesting vintage which saw both drought and heat in the region, however come harvest things everything settled down and the grapes were able to be picked without issue. This one’s a blend of mostly Merlot, backed up with both Cabs (Sauv and Franc) giving it a deep ruby colour and obvious notes of ripe red fruits – it’ll be a crowd favourite on any dinner table.
Joelle Thomson, Wine Writer "This ruby coloured red is smooth and spicy with flavours of fresh cedar, red berries and a light smoky note. It comes from France’s biggest fine wine region, Bordeaux, home to good value wines such as this one."
Chateau Vieux Laroque comes from the AOP (Appelation d'Origine Protegee ) Bordeaux. The Bordeaux appellation is the largest of the Bordeaux vine growing area and have a large variety of soils, climates and grape varieties such as Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc.
Like That Wine, We Think You Will Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.