- Region France
- Wine Style Soft Fruity Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Gamay
- Closure Cork
Morgon is one of the 10 Crus of the Beaujolais. The Côte du Py vineyard consists of 13 acres situated on the slopes of an extinct volcano over the village of Villié Morgon, benefiting from an ideal terroir of granite and schist. After being fermented in vats for 20 days, this wine is matured in oak barrels for 12 months, 30% in new oak barrels.
With a deep cherry color and nut and red fruit aromas, this wine has firm tannins that can be austere in their youth. Can be consumed immediately, but will soften and develop with a few years of ageing.
Pairs well with duck, squab and other poultry, especially in a thick plum sauce, and strong cheeses.
93 Points, Wine Advocate "The 2015 Morgon Côte du Py is a deep, brooding wine, unfurling in the glass with notes of spicy dark fruits, baking chocolate and rich soil tones. On the palate, it's full-bodied, super concentrated and powerful, with lovely acids, fine-grained tannins and a rich but vibrant finish."
Like That Wine, We Think You Will Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.