- Region Australia
- Extras Organic, Pres
- Wine Style Powerful Reds
- Wine Type Red
- Grapes Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah
- Closure Screw Top
An Aussie take on Amarone with a nose of well-worn leather, dark fruit, dark chocolate, with a full soft palate and fine grained tannins. This wine is plush boasting the signature smoothness and depth of flavour of the Amarone style, and is drinking excellently now.
Amarone is a style of wine made in the Italian region of Valpolicella using 3 indigenous varieties which are picked and then dried on racks before being fermented. Battle of Bostworth adapted the process and cut the canes of Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon vines to sever the water and nutrient supply from the vine, so that the leaves die and fall off and the fruit dries and concentrates on the vine. They pick the grapes after about 10-12 days and ferment them slowly and then mature the wine in old larger format barrels.
Full certified organic by Australian Certified Organic (ACO). Preservative free.
McLaren Vale, Australia
14.5% abv. 60% Shiraz and 40% Cabernet Sauvignon.
Like That Wine, We Think You Will Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.