- Region Scotland
- Spirit Type Whiskey, Whisky, Whisky-singlemalt
“Wee” is a Scottish adjective which means small/little. A “beastie” is a creature, usually small and often with ‘attitude’ beyond its size. Ardbeg Wee Beastie has been matured for just 5 years, making it the untamed ‘enfant terrible’ of the whisky world. Whereas most single malts seek the smoothness and balance of older age, we know that more time in cask tends to subdue the smokiness that so many whisky fans love. By boldly proclaiming the whisky’s relative youthfulness, we invite consumer curiosity and promise a monstrously smoky experience.
On tasting, the whisky is not just incredibly smoky, but also surprisingly well balanced by the expert use of sherry cask maturation – meaning that consumers will want to share this delicious discovery with friends. A “Wee Beastie” then implies a small creature which has a hint of ferocity and wildness. It might be a bit mischievous or hard to control. In this instance, the ‘Wee Beastie’ is in fact the whisky itself. Only 5 years old yet incredibly powerful with a formidable bite.
Like That Wine, We Think You Will Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.