- Region Italy
- Wine Style Fresh Spicy Reds
- Grapes Cabernetfranc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah
- Closure Cork
Touched by the hand of the gods... hint, hint Sassacaia.
In 2002 Giacomo Tachis, winemaker of Sardinian estate Cantine di Santadi, approached the winemaker of Tenuta San Guido, home of the legendary Sassacaia and persuaded him to go into business. We’re lucky he did, because now we have Agricola Punica Montessu, a blockbuster blend of Carignan, Syrah, Cab Sauv & Franc, and Merlot – touched by the hands of the gods. They purchased land in the southwest of the island, and from there have gone on to produce wines under the Isola dei Nuraghi IGT (which gives them more leniency when it comes to blending).
Deep dark plums, bitter cherry and spice fight on the palate, while the finish is filled with liquorice and violets - this is only their 6th vintage released, and we think while this is amazing, the best is yet to come.
Red wine from Carignano, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Syrah grapes vinified individually from spurred cordon vines cultivated in Basso Sulcis region.
60% Carignano, 10% Syrah, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc, 10% Merlot.
Like That Wine, We Think You Will Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.