- Region Scotland
- Spirit Type Whiskey, Whisky, Whisky-singlemalt
These are label damaged bottles at a significant discount of the standard price.
The Balvenie DoubleWood 12 year old single malt whisky gains its distinctive character from being matured in two wood types.
To make The Balvenie DoubleWood, David Stewart MBE takes whisky that has spent at least 12 years in traditional whisky casks, American Oak ex-bourbon barrels and hogsheads, and moves it to Spanish oak ex-Oloroso sherry casks for an additional nine months.
The whisky is then transferred to large oak vessels for 3-4 months to allow the whiskies to marry.
Each stage lends different qualities to the resulting single malt whisky. The traditional casks soften and add delicate character, the sherry wood brings depth and fullness of flavour and the final few months in our tuns allow the whiskies to marry harmoniously.
Beautiful golden colour with sweet fruit and Oloroso sherry notes layered with honey and vanilla on the nose. On the palate, this Whiskey is smooth and mellow with beautifully combined flavours of nutty sweetness, cinnamon spiciness, and a delicate proportional layer of sherry. A long and warming finish.
Gold 2015 Scotch Whiskey Masters
Like That Product? We Think You'll Also Like One of These
Shipping & Returns
- Pricing For 1-12 bottles, shipping is $5.99 for Auckland, $7.99 for the North Island and $9.99 for the South Island. For 13 or more bottles, shipping is $9.99 for Auckland, $14.99 for the North Island and $17.99 for the South Island.
- Timing We estimate delivery to be up to 3-4 working days for urban NZ addresses, and up to 5 working days for rural delivery.
- Click and collect is available from our Albany warehouse shop.
- We do not ship outside of New Zealand.
- We are unable to deliver to PO Boxes. Delivery is via NZ Couriers.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the ‘Complete Orders’ link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We’ll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we’ve received and processed the returned item.